Safety is the most important consideration for homes with young children or pets. The window coverings you select should be considered carefully when you have young children or pets. Any pull cords, and wands should be out of your child’s reach, so it’s best to look for cordless or motorised window treatments.
Buyers and users of blinds should be aware of the hazards that can be posed by unrestrained cords, braids, loop chains and wires, which may be hazardous to young children. The following guidelines should always be considered.
- Young children can be strangled by loops in pull cords, chains, tapes and inner cords that operate the product. They can also wrap cords around their necks.
- To avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of reach of young children.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from window covering cords.
- Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
- Install and use the safety devices according to the installation instructions on these devices to reduce possibility of such an accident.
SAFETY IS EVERYTHING